Ragley Piglet 27.5" x 19" Steel Hardtail MTB Frame
RRP £449 - our price £399
Colour: Orange / Black
Note: Frame is orange - Green pictures for illustration of frame design only.
First launched in 2009 to acclaim and rave reviews, the Piglet is designed as a trail friendly bike with all mountain capabilities. It leans towards the aggressive end of the trail bike spectrum with a long front centre, short chainstays, low standover and slack headangle.
In case you are not familiar with the Ragley range the Piglet is the steel version of the alloy Marley.
Building on the success of the original, Ragley wanted the new Piglet to keep the soul of the old frame by retaining as many of the original features as possible. It is made from custom triple butted 4130 CrMo steel and features classic Ragley attributes such as bolt on cable guides, 44mm headtube, 3 Finger Bridge, Taperlite seat tube and a seatstay mounted disc brake caliper. To bring the frame right up to date they have added a whole host of new features such as 27.5" wheel compatibility, better tyre & stand-over clearance and stealth dropper compatibility.
Ragley's updated trail geometry has been designed from the ground up for the new 27.5" wheel size; they have even dropped the bottom bracket to an aggressive 305mm. Ragley loved the 425mm chainstay length on the old frame so much that they redesigned the 3 finger bridge to save weight and make clearance for the bigger wheels without the need for longer stays. When coupled with a 130mm travel fork and a short stem, the 65.5 degree head angle (67 in the Sag), low BB, bigger wheels and revised geometry result in improved grip, a smoother ride, impeccable trail handling and stability which should see you going up, along and down faster than ever before!
27.5"+ Compatibility means the Piglet is now more versatile than ever! The Tyre clearance from their revised 3 finger bridge is so good that the frame is 27.5"+ compatible, so you can fit 27.5"+ wheels with up to 2.8" tyres allowing you to adapt your Bigwig to suit the conditions you want to ride.
The new Piglet is for people that ride with their saddle up as much as their saddle down. At home on any terrain; from tearing around your local trail centre, snaking down your local singletrack or back country adventures in the middle of nowhere; it will push your skills to new limits and beyond!
- All Mountain/Trail frame
- Custom triple butted 4130 CrMo steel
- Fork range: Optimised for a 130mm fork with tapered steerer and external lower headset cup but can accommodate 120/130/140mm forks
- Updated Trail geometry designed for 27.5" wheels
- 27.5+" Wheel compatibility - For rims of 35mm wide (Internal) and tyres up to 2.8"
- Taperlite Seat tube with internal dropper seatpost compatibility
- "Three Finger Chainstay Bridge" is exclusive to Ragley, and allows massive tyre clearance and gives resilience to any attempted chainsuck/derailment. You can fit 27.5+" wheels with 2.48n rubber without any chainring or tyre clearance issues
- Bolt on cable guides located on the underside of the top tube/downtube allow for neat and tidy adaptable routing to suit your set up
- Seatstay mounted post disc brake mount (Max rotor size: 180mm)
- ISCG 05 Tabs
- 5 Year Warranty and lifetime crash replacement
- ISO 4210 Certified
- Frame comes with Ragley Chainstay protector and Ragley QR Seatclamp
Ragley Piglet 650b / 27.5" Mountain Bike MTB Hardtail Frame 19£ large at The Dogs Wheels Bicycle Shop Plymouth